Thursday, June 23, 2011

New is always better!

"To live is Christ, and to die is gain."


Here's a thing I found out lately.

I've been a "christian" for almost 20 years. But to be honest, I've only been an actual christian living the christian life for like 5 years, to be more harsh, 3 years. Since young, i was thought the way of Christ and follow parents to church. I was thought that once you believe in Christ, you will be saved and go to heaven. But as i grew older, i knew that believing without action would not guarantee a place up there, but being a christian for so long, i took for granted that God will never give up on me no matter how poor my spiritual life is as long as I still believe. I've never had first love with God to be honest until last few years ago.

Its hard finding first love in God for someone who was 'taught' to believe in Christ since young instead of being 'introduce' to God.

Anyway, my discovery was made when i met a new friend, same age as me who was a secretary for "techflow" a christian society in my university. What I was amazed is that he only started accepting christ when he was 18! See the difference!

I would like to thank God for he has been guiding me and understanding my worries throughout my time in UNITEN. I would have succumb into darkness if it wasn't for him.

So, to all my friends out there who have been christians for a long time but somehow fade into the darkness, I hope that you can find your way back, reignite your passion to Christ, find back your first love with God, renew your faith in Him! For new is always better!


1 comment: