Saturday, March 10, 2012

Friends - Jesus's darkest hour

Just happen to come across an article

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/how-jesus-fought-in-the-dark-hour?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DGBlog+%28DG+Blog%29

How Jesus fight through his darkest hour? After reading this, one word came through my mind, FRIEND.

First, he chose some close friends to be with him. "He took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee" (Matthew 26:37).

Second, he opened his soul to them. He said to them, "My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death" (verse 38).

Third, he asked for their intercession and partnership in the battle. "Remain here and keep watch with me" (verse 39).

Fourth, he poured out his heart to his Father in prayer. "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me" (verse 39).

Fifth, he rested his soul in the sovereign wisdom of God. "Yet not as I will, but as thou wilt" (verse 39).

Sixth, he fixed his eye on the glorious future grace that awaited him on the other side of the cross. "For the joy set before him he endured the cross, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).

It is good to have friends (brothers and sisters in Christ) to open up to when facing your "darkest hour" for it is clearly shown from the scripture above. Thank God that throughout my "darkest hours", I have trusted spiritual friends to share my problems, talk about how God is molding us, how times like this is just temporary, and that everything happens for a reason. Thank God for the peace that He had given to me at times of trial. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment